What Is A Call To Action (CTA)
Every day you are bombarded with tons of content that prompts you to complete certain tasks. These prompts are called Call-To-Actions, or CTAs for short. They come in the form of subscribing or clicking further into the ad so that you can complete a conversion action.
They are a tool that marketers can use to achieve their video marketing goals.
In this article we are going to cover what a Call to Action (CTA) is, its importance, examples, the different types, how to include them in your video, and finally ending off with best tips and practices.
What Is A Call To Action (CTA) in Video marketing
A Call to Action (CTA) is an action prompt for the viewer. When CTAs are used in videos they can prompt the viewer to complete conversion actions. These conversion actions should lead the viewer to the next stage of the sales funnel.
Some examples of how to use CTAs are:
- Getting viewers to subscribe to your channel (ex. Subscribe to learn more)
- Promote your product or services (ex. Try it free)
- Prompt the viewer to contact your business (ex Book an appointment)
- Drive traffic to your website or landing page (ex. Visit our website)
Importance of CTA
CTAs are important because they are meant to be used as well-timed prompts in videos.
They can either be used to prompt a viewer to act at the beginning of the video (such as subscribing) or in the middle of a video (like checking out other content mentioned at that moment) or at the end of a video (going to your website or landing page).
They are also the last action that your video presents to the viewer since they can be placed at the ending of the video. This can be a good way to reinforce an action you want the viewer to make.
How Many Different forms of CTAs Are There
There are 3 different forms of CTAs:
All three versions can be used in a single video and even at the same time. For example, you can verbally prompt while showing text and visually directing them to an annotation button.
How to Include A Call to Action (CTA) In Your Video
Here are 8 ways you can include a CTA in your video:
- Beginning of the video CTA
- Recommend another video CTA
- Subscribe to your channel CTA
- Follow other social media CTA
- Lead Generation CTA
- Website traffic CTA
- Video Description CTA
- Auditory CTA
Examples of Call To Actions (CTAs) in Videos
Here are some examples of CTAs you can include in your video:
- Visit our website
- Call us
- Sign up
- Contact us
- Schedule a demo
- Try for free
- Find out more
- Learn more
CTA tips and best practices
Here are 9 CTA tips and best practices:
- Make sure you align your CTAs with your video marketing goals
- Specify what your CTAs are
- Place your CTA at the beginning of your video
- Ensure mobile compatibility
- Create verbal and visual CTAs
- Be direct with your CTA
- Utilize action verbs
- Create a sense of urgency
- Brevity is the soul of wit. Be short and to the point.
Create Your Next Video Using CTAs
If you liked this blog post then please share it!
Read More From Our Video Blog
Strategy & Building Teams (ft. Tripwire Media) | Creatives Grab Coffee 32 Welcome to Creatives…